20 Dec President Trump’s Recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s Eternal Capital and the Aftermath
On December 6, 2017, U.S. President Donald J. Trump formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. He also set into motion a plan to move the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to the Holy City. The president proclaimed, “Today we finally acknowledge the obvious: that Jerusalem is Israel’s capital. This is nothing more or less than a recognition of reality. It is also the right thing to do. It’s something that has to be done.” Hallelujah! What makes this declaration even more incredible is that 2017 is a Jubilee year, which holds significant prophetic value. For more information on the Jubilee year, click on the link below.
Since President Trump’s proclamation, there has been tremendous backlash, condemnation, and uprising among Geo-political leaders of the Middle East and North Africa, where political rhetoric, cultural tensions, and civilian protests have intensified and escalated over this ancient, coveted city.
Does this regional uprising perfectly correlate to the biblical prophecies about a specific region that will rise against Jerusalem and the children of Israel at the end-of-the-age? Does the regional leader’s vilification of the Jewish people and their control over Jerusalem (Israel) stem from a generational hatred over the “deed” to the Holy City? Is this a generational “family battle” between Isaac and Ishmael’s descendants and Jacob’s and Esau’s descendants?
Regrettably, most Bible scholars, prophecy teachers, and believers are focused on Europe and a European antichrist because of decades of teachings about the revival of the Roman Empire. However, is this what the Holy Bible proclaims or do the Scriptures thoroughly declare throughout its entirety about the neighboring countries that surround Israel, who vehemently covet the Promised Land? Does not the Lord God declare the end from the beginning and from ancient times not yet fulfilled? (Isa. 46:9-10).
Most certainly, the Holy Bible is written in an Israel (Jerusalem)-centered context, with the overall theme of God’s promise to Jews and Gentiles illuminated through His everlasting covenants (Abrahamic, Davidic, and New covenants – Gen. 15,17, 2 Sam. 7, Jer. 31, Rom. 11, Gal, 3:26-29, Eph. 2:11-13), which will be completely fulfilled by Yeshua (Jesus) at His second coming and throughout His millennial reign. Additionally, the Holy Bible clearly and literally identifies who the generational enemies will be of the children of Israel because of God’s everlasting promises to them.
Now, let me ask you this …
- What region of leaders have defiantly denounced and vigorously condemned President Trump’s proclamation? Europe or the Middle East and North Africa?
- What region of people have protested and escalated violence as rejection of the declaration? Europe or the Middle East and North Africa?
Furthermore, in the Geo-political wake of President Trump’s bold declaration, one particular leader, who most believers are not paying attention to, has undeniably taken the leading role of the critical response … Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Here are a few quotes:
- President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had reacted to reports of the imminent move relating to the third most important Islamic city, which he identified as “Muslims’ red line,” and would plunge the world “into a fire with no end.” He also labeled Israel as a “terrorist state.”
- Erdogan described Trump’s decision last week as a reward for Israeli actions including occupation, settlement construction, land seizure and “disproportionate violence and murder.”
- “Has the U.S. solved all problems that it is dealing with? Making such a decision in support of Israel, while the Palestinian people’s wounds continue to bleed and there is no end to violations of rights, oppression, and suppression, would not only be a violation of international law but also deal a heavy blow to humanity’s conscience. As the current president of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC), we will follow this issue to the end. We will convene an OIC summit in Istanbul and mobilize the entire Islamic world because this is not an ordinary issue. We will continue our struggle with determination until the end.”
- Muslim nations set to declare east Jerusalem as future Palestinian state’s capital. Leaders and ministers from more than 50 Muslim countries gather in Istanbul after Washington’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital; Erdogan: ‘Israel was rewarded for all the terrorist activities it has carried out.’
- Erdogan cautioned that “any false step relating to the status of Jerusalem will cause indignation in the entire Islamic world while destroying peace efforts and triggering new clashes.”
- I invite all countries supporting international law to recognize Jerusalem as the occupied capital of Palestine. We cannot be late any more,” Erdogan said.
- Emphasizing the importance of the city for all Muslims, he continued, “Any step by anybody who disregards this historic reality will produce sorrow and disaster. The welfare, peace, and security of our region are too important to be sacrificed to domestic calculations. Nobody has the right to play with billions of people’s fate for the sake of personal ambitions. Such a step will only play into the hands of terrorist groups.”
- “Because Jerusalem is under occupation, what we could not do was open our embassy there. But even now our consulate there is being represented by an ambassador”,” Erdogan said in a speech Sunday to members of his AK Party in Karaman, southern Turkey. “God willing, the day is near, that our embassy will officially be opened there.”
The most troubling and concerning statements by the dictator Erdogan was at a convention of his ruling party shortly thereafter President Trump’s declaration (AKP Party). Erdogan referenced the Muslim Hadith, which is a collection of the oral accounts and sayings of Muhammad. Erdogan made clear his view of the Jewish people and the state of Israel.
Erdogan stated: “Those who think they own Jerusalem better know that tomorrow they won’t be able to hide behind trees,” Erdogan said, according to Bozkurt. This statement essentially is an affirmation of a prophecy that all Jews will one day be destroyed, the journalist said. Bozkurt explained Erdogan was making “a veiled threat of killing each and every Jew with a shocking reference to apocalyptic prophecy of tree story.”
The full Islamic prophecy in the Hadith that Erdogan referenced says:
“The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.”
And this is the leader of the Islamic nations?